Here at Byteside, we’re building something we think is important and valuable.
Sometimes fun. Sometimes serious. Always geeky. Always Australian.
Since we launched the new era of Byteside a few months ago, all members of our writing team get paid for their work. Spread across the country, in various cities and regional areas, we aim to bring a broad range of perspectives through our shared love of technology, games and digital culture. We want to champion a diverse range of voices to our coverage of the digital world.
You can now support Byteside directly through our membership program, with all funds going directly toward funding and developing writing opportunities.
AND ALL PAID MEMBERS GO IN A MONTHLY PRIZE DRAW.
Join us with any of the options below.
Looking to become a sponsor? With brand mentions on site, newsletter and podcasts? Head to the Byteside sponsor page for all the details!
Want a more custom choice? Create a DIY monthly play here:
Or just support Byteside with a one-off donation with the following option:
Right now supporting a new Australian outlet is the primary reward. Soon, we aim to offer community benefits to our members with special prize draws, online community space, and access to special events. You can see some of these ideas below.
If you like what we’ve been doing and you can spare a few dollars, please consider becoming a member or offering a one-off donation through one of the options below.
Is this even a thing people will get behind? That’s the big question. Media is harder than ever in 2020. We think we’re building a unique voice that genuinely adds something to the market for Australian fans of technology, games and digital culture. We hope you’ll agree.
– Seamus Byrne, Founder and Editor
Our aim is to keep all content available for free but to find other ways to thank our supporters for helping Byteside to thrive. Here are some of the options coming soon exclusive to members:
- Unspecified member newsletter: When you join us we will put you on a special members-only news list that, right now, isn’t being used but in future will be a way for us to let members know about big happenings at Byteside before anyone else.
- Monthly member prize draws: Every month we’ll have special prize draws exclusive to members. If you’re on the list, you’ll be in the draw.
- Byteside member community: whether it’s exclusive access to comments on site or a community Discord, we’ll bring new options for supporters to interact more directly in 2021.
- Special events: when we’re allowed to head back out into the real world more easily, we’ll be looking at hosting live discussion events where members will get discounts and first access to tickets.
Got other ideas for how you can help? Or ways we can entice you to join us? Or are you a company interested in sponsoring our newsletter, a podcast, or the website? If you’re any of these things, get in touch via [email protected].
Other membership details you should know: The member system runs through Memberful, which is owned by Patreon. Payments are processed through Stripe. If you hear from either of these companies, it’s because they’re doing the legwork in getting your money to us.
Need to change or cancel your membership?
You can manage your membership details by logging into our Memberful management area.